US: Glacier Water Services posts YTD sales lift, but losses widen
Glacier Water Services has widened its losses despite a jump in YTD sales.
The US water dispensing firm said yesterday (11 December) that net losses widened by 38% to US$4.7m in the nine months to 29 September. Net sales were up by 14% to $96m while operating profits stayed flat at $4.3m.
Third-quarter results were similar, with sales up by 14%, but a Q3 profit from last year turned into a quarterly loss this year. Glacier Water said earnings were damaged by costs incurred from buying new machines and increased depreciation and amortisation.
The sales growth, meanwhile, was driven by an increase in the number of water vending machines on location since the acquisition of Aqua Fill last year, as well as growth in “same-store productivity”.
In January last year, Glacier Water raised $20m in a share and debt sale to private investors.
To read the company's full results, click here.
Egypt experienced a crisis in bottled water in 2012 due to seven companies being shut down by the Ministry of Health. This followed test results from random samples of groundwater wells used by the co...
Synopsis Canadean's "Ridley Corporation Limited : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The p...
All the major brands within Swedish RTD tea were available in two flavours in 2013, lemon/lime and peach. This was the case for the leading brand, Pfanner Ice Tea by Piwa Food AB, Glocken Gold by Asba...
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Bottled Water market to grow at a CAGR of 5.4 percent over the period 2012-2016. The population is increasing in many countries and this is one of the key fact...
Plimsoll Publishing’s BEVERAGE RETAILERS (Asia) Analysis provides a detailed overview of the BEVERAGE RETAILERS (Asia) market and delivers a comprehensive individual analysis on the top 680 companies ...
Synopsis Canadean's "Lornamead Group Limited: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains...
Business Monitor International's Indonesia Food and Drink Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, food and drink associations, government departments and regulatory...
An overview of beverage packaging innovation in the context of the global markets for soft drinks, dairy drinks, beer, cider, wine, spirits and flavored alcoholic beverages. It is divided into 11 sec...
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Brown-Forman Q3 & YTD
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research