US: Glacier Water Services losses rise in H1
Glacier Water widened its net loss in the period
Glacier Water Services has seen its net losses worsen in the first six months of the year.
In the period to 4 July, the US-based company made net losses of US$1.7m compared to losses of $1.4m in the prior year, the firm announced yesterday (10 August). Operating profits also dropped, to $2.6m from $2.8m in the comparable period of last year, while net sales edged up to $48.48m.
In the second quarter, net profits slid to $76,000 from $77,000, while operating profits increased to $2.2m versus $2.1m in the prior-year period. Sales in the quarter decreased 0.7% to $25.4m.
Brian McInerney, CEO of Glacier Water, said: “Revenues were impacted in the second quarter by the volume-per-store reduction from replacing some mature stores with new and ramping locations, coupled with below-average temperatures in many parts of the country.”
Click here to view the full earnings release.
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part II: Beer & Cider
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future