US: Glacier Water Services' H1 losses widen
- First-half net losses widen by 3% to US$4.5m
- Net sales up 6% to $64.4m
- H1 operating profits increase by 15% to $1.8m
- Second-quarter net losses widen by 4% to $1.5m
- Net sales up 6% to $34m
- Q2 operating profits climb 6% $1.7m
Glacier Water Services' bottom line troubles continue as its first-half losses widened despite another quarterly sales boost.
Net losses widended by 3% to US$4.5m in the six months to 29 June, the group said today. However, net sales climbed by 6% to $64.4m in the same period and operating profits increased by 15% to $1.8m.
Q2 performance was similar, with net losses widening by 4% to $1.5m while net sales grew by 6% to $34m. Second-quarter operating profits climbed by 6% to $1.7m.
The company said it had seen increased operating costs in the second quarter, “in particular labour and benefits and vehicle fleet expenses”. It also suffered from one less selling day in H1.
In Glacier Waters' last full-year results, losses stood at $9.4m despite sales increases. The losses continued in Q1, again despite a jump in sales.
To read the company's full results, click here.
Glacier Water Services, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report
Canadean's "Glacier Water Services, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile ...read more
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- Will Remy come off worse in China Cognac recovery?
- Wines of the Beautiful South Ups its Game
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Bacardi-Martini appoints Southern Europe chief
- William Grant gives Sailor Jerry pack revamp