US: Gizmo Beverages unveils new cap aiming to keep pre-mix drinks fresh
Click through to view Gizmo Beverages' Tea of a Kind
A US soft drinks maker has launched a pressurised cap which it claims keeps ingredients fresh in pre-mix bottles.
The Gizmo bottle cap has made its first appearance on Gizmo Beverages' Tea of a Kind, the company announced on Wednesday (22 August). Gizmo Beverages co-founder & president Walter Apodaca said the technology will help keep unhealthy chemicals out of the drinks manufacturing process.
The cap infuses a drink with fresh, preservative-free ingredients when opened. In Tea of a Kind, the pressurised nitrogen container in the cap keeps tea leaves protected from oxidation, UV light and other conditions that can damage the contents.
When the cap is twisted, the leaves fall into the drink, changing its colour, the company said.
Tea of a Kind is available to buy online from Gizmo Beverages for US$29.95 per 12x16oz bottles. It will soon roll out to Whole Foods stores across the US, Gizmo said.
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- How has craft beer put the squeeze on world beers?
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Consumers want brands that challenge them - study
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Heineken signs JV deal in Philippines
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends