US: Ginuine takes Brockmans Gin to Massachusetts, New Jersey
Brockmans is also available in the UK and Spain
Ginuine, the owner of Brockmans Gin, has launched the brand in the US.
Brockmans, which is also available in the UK and Spain, was rolled out in the off- and on-trade in Massachusetts and New Jersey last week, Ginuine CEO Neil Everitt told just-drinks today (4 February). The UK-based company plans to import 1,000 nine-litre cases to the US in the first year.
“I'd rather go slow and get it right,” Everitt said. “I'm a firm believer in the drinks industry maxim that says it takes ten years to be an overnight success."
Ruby Wines is handling the gin's distribution in Massachusetts while Fedway controls New Jersey. Brockmans will retail in the US for US$34.99 per bottle, Everitt said.
Ginuine, which appointed a new CEO and FD late last year, is looking at other US markets to enter, including New York, Los Angeles and Miami, Everitt added.
Brockmans was launched in 2009 and sells about 20,000 nine-litre cases a year. The UK accounts for about 10% of sales, Switzerland 3% and Spain taking up the remainder.
To read a just-drinks interview with the brand director for Pernod Ricard's Beefeater gin, click here.
The US Spirits Market: What Consumers Drink and Why?
This report provides the results for the Spirits market in the US from Canadean’s unique, highly detailed study of consumers’ Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) consumption habits, and forms part of an ove...read more
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part II: Beer & Cider
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018