PHILIPPINES: Ginebra SM flat after poor Q4
Ginebra San Miguel has posted flat income for 2003. The company announced today net income for last year of 1.65 billion pesos (US$29.6m), the same as the previous year.
At the end of the third quarter, Ginebra was ahead year-on-year by 8%. Subsequently, quarter four, covering the Christmas and New Year holidays, was a disappointment.
Reuters Research, a unit of Reuters PLC, had a consensus 2003 net profit estimate of 1.76 billion pesos for the company. Consolidated sales volumes rose to 31.7m cases in 2003 compared with 29.8m year-on-year. Net sales revenues increased to 12 billion pesos from 11.4 billion pesos.
Ginebra's dispute with Tanduay Distillers over the 'Ginebra' trademark is still ongoing, with the appeal court upholding an order stopping Tanduay from manufacturing and selling Ginebra Kapitan gin two weeks ago.
The rum market may be dominated by white rum - and by one brand in particular - but Larry Watson, managing director, distribution division, at Jamaican rum producer, J Wray & Nephew, believes there is...
Pernod Ricard's £7.4 billion takeover of Allied Domecq is the biggest drinks deal since the Seagram sell-off, in which it also played a part, and means the acquisitive French conglomerate will double ...
Flavoured vodkas have been a major success story in the US where they have prospered on the back of strong sector growth and premiumisation. With European markets also showing consistent growth and so...
Hayman Distillers is launching a sampling campaign for its gin liqueur, Hayman's 1820....
Driven on by what the company called a "remarkable start of year" for its Asia/ Rest of World business, Pernod Ricard today announced that its first quarter wine and spirit net sales had increase 7% o...
Spirits firm Allied Domecq has agreed to a takeover bid from smaller rival Pernod Ricard, subject to agreement from Allied shareholders....
Pernod Ricard has confirmed that it will make an offer for Allied Domecq this week, according to yesterday's press reports....
Diageo is to launch a national advertising campaign for its gin band Tanqueray in the US....
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- Diageo investment paying off for Captain Morgan
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends