CANADA: Gilchrist resigns from Brick Brewing board
Thomas Gilchrist has resigned from Brick Brewing's board of directors, the company has said.
Gilchrist has served as a board member since the company was founded in 1984.
"The company recognises the significant contribution Tom has made during his tenure of 24 years," the firm said yesterday (19 February). "The board of directors and management thank Tom for his service and dedication to Brick Brewing and wish him well in his future endeavours."
Brick Brewing Co is Ontario's largest Canadian-owned and Canadian-based publicly held brewery.
The announcement comes hot on the heels of the news that Brick Brewing founder and chairman Jim Brickman has also resigned from the Canada-based brewer's board. His resignation, announced last week, comes two months after his official retirement from the company, Brick Brewing said.
Peter Schwartz is to be the brewer's interim chairman, it said. Schwartz controls Benbrick Holdings, which is believed to hold a stake of around 35% in Brick Brewing.
Ontario-based Brick said in December that net sales in the three months to the end of October were 3.3% down on the corresponding period a year earlier, at C$7.3m (US$5.9m).
Brick Brewing has agreed to change the label of its Red Baron beer, following a lawsuit filed against the firm by Labatt Brewing Co....
The founder of Brick Brewing has dismissed a lawsuit against him from the brewer, which alleged financial wrongdoing....
Brick Brewing, the Canadian brewer, has filed a lawsuit against its founder, James Brickman, alleging financial wrongdoing against the company....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- Comment - A New Age of VR Marketing?
- A-B InBev "regrets" Bud Light bottle message
- Diageo teams Johnnie Walker up with Entourage
- MEPs call for calorie, ingredient facts on alcohol
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- Pernod readies Avion Tequila US sweepstake
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research