NEW ZEALAND: Gewurztraminer 2000, supermarket favourite is launched in New Zealand
Longridge of Hawkes Bay Gewurztraminer 2000 went on sale at the beginning of October, and with a retail price of NZ$14.95 the company is expecting the wine to dominate supermarket sales.
The grapes for this typical perfumed Gewürztraminer were picked at optimum ripeness. The juice was cold settled for two days, prior to being inoculated with a strain of yeast that enhances the aromas and flavours of aromatic grape varieties such as Gewürztraminer.
The wine was then held on light yeast lees prior to filtration and bottling to add richness and subtle creamy complexities.
Longridge said: "The full bodied palate of this balanced wine is deliciously soft with hints of sweetness adding weight and roundness to an already complex mouthfeel of yellow grapefruit and apricot flavours."
Growing increasingly popular with New Zealand wine lovers, figures from AC Nielsen show that Longridge of Hawkes Bay is the best selling Gewürztraminer in New Zealand supermarkets.
Its 1999 Gewurztraminer had the largest share of supermarket sales by litre,
accounting for 30% of sales.
|Viticultural region:||Hawkes Bay|
|Date harvested:||March 2000|
|Brix at Harvest:||22.5|
|Residual grape sugar:||4.7g per litre|
|Titratable acidity:||7.4g per litre|
|Alcohol by volume:||13%|
Brasserie Kronenbourg has clarified earlier reports about its entry into the low alcohol beer sector in France....
Costs relating to alcohol abuse in Sweden are on the rise, according to research out this week....
Police in eastern Kenya have said that at least 24 people died on Saturday after drinking illegally produced alcohol....
According to a recently published study, people who drink alcohol may have a lower risk of developing a type of cancer which affects the lymphatic system known as non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL)....
Diageo is calling for facts labels to be placed on alcohol beverages in the US....
Kenyan authorities are to ban beer and spirits advertising from television and billboards in the country, according to a local report late last week....
Post-menopausal women who consume even moderate amounts of alcohol may face an increased risk of breast cancer, according to a comprehensive US study....
Alcohol intake amongst young female adults in the UK continues to rise and shows no signs of abating, according to a recent report....
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Why Millennials are driving premium wine demand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Ex-Diageo exec takes over Island Club spirits
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Piper-Heidsieck agrees three-year Oscars tie-up
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets