GERMANY: German Wines rethinks global marketing approach
The German Wine Institute has announced plans to restructure its domestic and export marketing departments in an effort to re-approach the way German wine is regarded by the consumer.
The wine body said today (24 October) that the country's domestic and export marketing departments will no longer be separate entities, but shall form a "network of five departments on an equal footing" to help redefine the reputation of German wines.
The institute said that, over the next five years, it plans to target key regions in its domestic market and abroad, by upping its levels of communication with consumers and developing "new strategic partnerships".
There will be a shift in focus from traditional print advertising and more emphasis on expanding press relations, making information available online and concentrating on event marketing as well as raising awareness over differing grape varieties, the institute said.
German Wine Institute managing director Monika Reule said: "After many conversations and constructive discussions we have laid the foundation for a stronger presence for German wine at home and abroad. We will begin to implement our new strategic goals in the coming weeks."
Reule added: "It is important that we intensify our work with the 13 regional wine promotion boards - herein lies great potential for synergies."
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- CCBA partner "in place by 2018" - Coca-Cola
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends