USA: Research - Drinks consumption: German on-the-go market to grow 13% per year
Expanding chains of coffee bars are driving forward the market for out-of-home drinks consumption. The US is already inundated with retail outlets, but many European countries are far from saturated. The on-the-go drinks market is set to grow fastest in Germany to 2.1 billion liters in 2004. Popular American developments, such as 'drive thru' cafes, will begin to spring up across Europe in the next few years.
Table: Away-from-home drinks consumption, CAGR by country and by occasion, 1999-2004
Source: Datamonitor, 2001:
"Winning the away from home beverage consumer"
(c) 2001 Datamonitor. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without prior written consent. Datamonitor shall not be liable for errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon.
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Stagnant wine growth a concern for Constellation
- Comment - Heineken's move for Pivovarna Lasko
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Chateau Bastor-Lamontagne's So Sauternes
- Bacardi cuts jobs at Global Brands unit
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo targets Millennials with DeLeon ads