UK: Gerard Depardieu's Bellerose Bière Blonde hits UK
A beer from a brewery jointly-owned by French actor Gerard Depardieu is set to arrive in the UK, thanks to independent distributor James Clay.
Bellerose Bière Blonde, a 6.5% abv ale, is brewed at the Brasserie Des Sources (Brewery of the Springs), owned by Depardieu and his actor friends Miou Miou and Renaud and Claude Berri. "We feel sure that Bellerose’s hybrid mix between the French 'Bière de Garde' style and an IPA will make it a beer lovers’ favourite...with its fresh clean aromas of citrus and lychee," said James Clay.
"French brewers are really upping their game, and this will be a great addition to our 300-strong portfolio.”
The company will target the UK on-trade with the brand.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Ethiopia competition to remain "intense" - Diageo
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Envy buy
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Bacardi Brown-Forman here to stay
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014