UK: Gerard Depardieu's Bellerose Bière Blonde hits UK
A beer from a brewery jointly-owned by French actor Gerard Depardieu is set to arrive in the UK, thanks to independent distributor James Clay.
Bellerose Bière Blonde, a 6.5% abv ale, is brewed at the Brasserie Des Sources (Brewery of the Springs), owned by Depardieu and his actor friends Miou Miou and Renaud and Claude Berri. "We feel sure that Bellerose’s hybrid mix between the French 'Bière de Garde' style and an IPA will make it a beer lovers’ favourite...with its fresh clean aromas of citrus and lychee," said James Clay.
"French brewers are really upping their game, and this will be a great addition to our 300-strong portfolio.”
The company will target the UK on-trade with the brand.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research