Product Launch - US: George Clooney & Rande Gerber's Casamigos Tequila
Click through to view an image of Casamigos Reposado
George Clooney & Rande Gerber's Casamigos Tequila
Category – Spirits, Tequila, 40% abv
Available – From this month
Location – US, on- and off-trade
Price - Casamigos Blanco retails for around US$42.99 per 750ml bottle and Casamigos Reposado for about $49.99 a bottle.
Distribution - Serrallés USA
Actor George Clooney and bar and restaurant owner Rande Gerber have partnered with Discovery Land Company CEO & founder, Mike Meldman, to launch Casamigos Tequila.
The product is described as a “small batch, ultra-premium Tequila made from the finest, hand-selected, 100% Blue Weber agaves”. It comes in two versions – Casamigos Blanco and Casamigos Reposado.
Casamigos, named after Clooney’s and Gerber’s houses in Mexico, roughly translates as“house of friends”.
“Our idea was to make the best-tasting, smoothest Tequila whose taste we didn’t have to cover up with salt or lime,” said Clooney.
Sectors: Product launches
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Comment - Diageo Making the Best of a Bad Job?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- How Modern Marketing Compounds My Twitter Shame
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- China to axe duty on Australian wine
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research