Product Launch - US: George Clooney & Rande Gerber's Casamigos Tequila
Click through to view an image of Casamigos Reposado
George Clooney & Rande Gerber's Casamigos Tequila
Category – Spirits, Tequila, 40% abv
Available – From this month
Location – US, on- and off-trade
Price - Casamigos Blanco retails for around US$42.99 per 750ml bottle and Casamigos Reposado for about $49.99 a bottle.
Distribution - Serrallés USA
Actor George Clooney and bar and restaurant owner Rande Gerber have partnered with Discovery Land Company CEO & founder, Mike Meldman, to launch Casamigos Tequila.
The product is described as a “small batch, ultra-premium Tequila made from the finest, hand-selected, 100% Blue Weber agaves”. It comes in two versions – Casamigos Blanco and Casamigos Reposado.
Casamigos, named after Clooney’s and Gerber’s houses in Mexico, roughly translates as“house of friends”.
“Our idea was to make the best-tasting, smoothest Tequila whose taste we didn’t have to cover up with salt or lime,” said Clooney.
Sectors: Product launches
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research