Product Launch - US: George Clooney & Rande Gerber's Casamigos Tequila
Click through to view an image of Casamigos Reposado
George Clooney & Rande Gerber's Casamigos Tequila
Category – Spirits, Tequila, 40% abv
Available – From this month
Location – US, on- and off-trade
Price - Casamigos Blanco retails for around US$42.99 per 750ml bottle and Casamigos Reposado for about $49.99 a bottle.
Distribution - Serrallés USA
Actor George Clooney and bar and restaurant owner Rande Gerber have partnered with Discovery Land Company CEO & founder, Mike Meldman, to launch Casamigos Tequila.
The product is described as a “small batch, ultra-premium Tequila made from the finest, hand-selected, 100% Blue Weber agaves”. It comes in two versions – Casamigos Blanco and Casamigos Reposado.
Casamigos, named after Clooney’s and Gerber’s houses in Mexico, roughly translates as“house of friends”.
“Our idea was to make the best-tasting, smoothest Tequila whose taste we didn’t have to cover up with salt or lime,” said Clooney.
Sectors: Product launches
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- This week in spirits & wine
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- Britvic's FY Performance by Region - Focus
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Beam Suntory's Laphroaig Brodir - NPD
- Remy Cointreau sees H1 sales, profits rise
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts