Product Launch - US: George Clooney & Rande Gerber's Casamigos Tequila
Click through to view an image of Casamigos Reposado
George Clooney & Rande Gerber's Casamigos Tequila
Category – Spirits, Tequila, 40% abv
Available – From this month
Location – US, on- and off-trade
Price - Casamigos Blanco retails for around US$42.99 per 750ml bottle and Casamigos Reposado for about $49.99 a bottle.
Distribution - Serrallés USA
Actor George Clooney and bar and restaurant owner Rande Gerber have partnered with Discovery Land Company CEO & founder, Mike Meldman, to launch Casamigos Tequila.
The product is described as a “small batch, ultra-premium Tequila made from the finest, hand-selected, 100% Blue Weber agaves”. It comes in two versions – Casamigos Blanco and Casamigos Reposado.
Casamigos, named after Clooney’s and Gerber’s houses in Mexico, roughly translates as“house of friends”.
“Our idea was to make the best-tasting, smoothest Tequila whose taste we didn’t have to cover up with salt or lime,” said Clooney.
Sectors: Product launches
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Pernod launches pomegranate whisky drink
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research