Product Launch - US: George Clooney & Rande Gerber's Casamigos Tequila
Click through to view an image of Casamigos Reposado
George Clooney & Rande Gerber's Casamigos Tequila
Category – Spirits, Tequila, 40% abv
Available – From this month
Location – US, on- and off-trade
Price - Casamigos Blanco retails for around US$42.99 per 750ml bottle and Casamigos Reposado for about $49.99 a bottle.
Distribution - Serrallés USA
Actor George Clooney and bar and restaurant owner Rande Gerber have partnered with Discovery Land Company CEO & founder, Mike Meldman, to launch Casamigos Tequila.
The product is described as a “small batch, ultra-premium Tequila made from the finest, hand-selected, 100% Blue Weber agaves”. It comes in two versions – Casamigos Blanco and Casamigos Reposado.
Casamigos, named after Clooney’s and Gerber’s houses in Mexico, roughly translates as“house of friends”.
“Our idea was to make the best-tasting, smoothest Tequila whose taste we didn’t have to cover up with salt or lime,” said Clooney.
Sectors: Product launches
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Will value-sharing in Travel Retail become reality
- What's in store for Super Bowl 5 - Focus
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- Moet Hennessy sees China rebound in strong FY
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research