UK: General meeting approves Hartwall takeover
At an extraordinary general meeting held yesterday, shareholders of the UK brewer Scottish & Newcastle plc approved its proposed acquisition of the Finnish beer and soft drinks company Oyj Hartwall Abp.
The two companies had announced their merger plans, under which S&N would acquire all shares of Hartwall for a total price of €1,981m, in February. The merger has already been given the green light by regulatory authorities.
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Heineken to stay "active player" in beer M&A - CFO
- Focus - Pernod Ricard's Q1 sales by brand
- Time for Heineken to make a European break
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Whisky downturn slows Diageo's Scotch spend
- Pernod Ricard sees sales lift in Q1