UK: General manager for Lion Nathan Bibendum JV
Lion Nathan and Bibendum have appointed a general manager for their newly-created joint venture in the UK.
Based in the UK offices of Bibendum, Andy Brown will manage sales and marketing activity across all trade sectors with brand marketing co-ordinator Peter Rawling working closely alongside him.
At the Sydney head office of Lion Nathan, managing director Peter Cowan said: "We are very pleased to have these high calibre executives on board. Andy brings with him considerable experience in the trade; across retail, buying and sales.
"These insights will be most beneficial as we build our new fine wine portfolio and channel implementation plan in the UK," he added.
Dan Jago, managing director of Bibendum, said: "I've known Andy since he was a buyer at Thresher, and believe he will excel in this role, especially given his background in understanding consumer requirements."
After some less than successful diversification in recent years, Lion Nathan is focusing its attentions back on beer and winning the approval of analysts in the process. The company looks set to gain ...
Integrating spirits, wine and beer has proved problematic for major drinks groups over the years but expansionary moves by the two major Australian brewers, Foster's Group and Lion Nathan, suggest tha...
Lion Nathan has appointed a new non-executive director....
Coopers Brewery is fighting the takeover attempt from fellow Australian brewer Lion Nathan....
Lion Nathan today announced that it intends to make an off-market offer for Coopers Brewery Ltd (Coopers). The offer of A$260 per share in cash values Coopers at A$352m....
Lion Nathan has received further assurances that it is not about to be taken over....
Lion Nathan has played down speculation that it may be the subject of a takeover....
Lion Nathan has said it is on target to reach its full-year net profit after tax forecast for 2005 of between A$230m and A$235m before one-off charges....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages