US/UK: Gemini to handle W&M whiskies in US
US importer Gemini Spirits & Wine has announced a distribution deal for the whisky portfolio of UK distiller Whyte & Mackay.
Gemini, which is owned by US spirits group Sazerac, said today (22 February) that it would handle a slew of Whyte & Mackay whiskies, including the namesake blended Scotch and Jura single malt.
Gemini general manager Jon Mowry said he was "thrilled" at the deal with Whyte & Mackay, which is currently in the middle of advanced takeover talks with India's UB Group.
Whyte & Mackay international commercial director Tony Roberts said Gemini was "the ideal choice for building our brands in the US".
Officials at Whyte & Mackay could not be reached for further comment as just-drinks went to press.
Analyses of the leading companies in the alcohol industry...
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global spirits market during May 2015....
just-drinks, in association with The IWSR, presents this seven-part review of the Scotch whisky category. In part four, we turn our attention to the major Scotch brands....
About Lager Beer can be broadly classified into the following two types: lager and ale. The main difference between both is the yeast that is used for fermentation....
Tequila is a type of distilled spirit manufactured from the blue agave plant (native of Mexico)....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Work begins on Glasgow distillery
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages