UK: Gaymers makes ‘original’ investment
Gaymer Cider Company plans to invest heavily in its flagship cider brand in the UK with the introduction of a new advertising campaign this summer.
The company said today (28 June) that it has lined up a GBP4m (US$8m) investment in Gaymers original, including outdoor and print campaigns across the UK from 2 July.
The campaign includes the strapline 'As good as it gets' and pushes the cider as a drink to be consumed over ice, the company said.
Gaymer's managing director John Mills said: "By highlighting the times and places where Gaymers original can be enjoyed, we achieve our objective of getting even more people to include the brand as part of their repertoire."
In March, the Constellation Europe-owned company released a packaging upgrade for the brand, which was launched last year.
Gaymers original is available in 568ml bottles, 330ml bottles for on-trade retail, and a 330ml four-pack for off-trade retail. This summer will also see the launch of a new 500ml can four-pack for the off-trade. "With can sales growing at 21.3%, the launch of cans was the next logical step to enable us to meet consumer demand for at home drinking," said Mills.
The brand will also being supported by the launch of a new website.
Constellation's US$885m purchase of Fortune Brands' wine portfolio further adds to the acquisitive US company's impressive line-up. Chris Losh believes the deal makes perfect sense for Constellation, ...
Following Constellation Brands' announcement yesterday (8 October) that it plans to acquire the South African winery Flagstone, Chris Losh fears that Flagstone's distinctive personality may be dulled ...
Constellation Brands has completed the acquisition of the Fortune Brands' US wine portfolio....
Hardy Wine Co. is set to reduce the amount of grapes it takes from its Sunraysia growers in north-west Victoria, Australia, according to local reports....
Constellation Brands has launched an exchange offer for US$700m-worth of senior notes....
Maison Louis Latour has appointed a former Constellation executive as managing director of its UK business....
Constellation Brands has announced plans to move its corporate headquarters from Woodcliff Office Park in Perinton to Victor in western New York's Finger Lakes wine region....
Constellation Brands has created a new production and supply officer position....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Molson Coors' Rekorderlig Cider Cocktails - NPD
- Carlsberg's Shed Head and Bad Apple craft - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends