UK: Gaymers expands UK cider offering
Gaymer Cider Co. is expanding its portfolio of ciders with the launch of a new Gaymer's series across the UK.
The company said yesterday (3 April) that the new brand "taps into the growing consumer trend for local, quality produce by celebrating the cider-making counties of Somerset and Devon, and using the best local cider apples from the two regions".
The new Gaymer's County Series range will include the "medium-dry" Gaymer's Somerset Cider and the "well rounded, balanced" Gaymer's Devon Cider.
Gaymer Cider Co. managing director John Mills said: "The launch of Gaymer's County Series demonstrates our commitment to making great tasting, top quality ciders, and builds on our existing premium portfolio which includes Gaymer's Orchard Reserve and Addlestones."
The company added that Gaymer's County Series will "add value and interest to retailers' local and national ranges and further establish us as a leading producer of premium cider".
Gaymer's County Series, which retails at GBP1.69 (US$3.37), will be available from next month to multiple grocers and specialist retailers nationwide, and to on-trade outlets.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk