UK: Gaymer expands portfolio
Gaymer Cider Company has added two new single orchard varieties to its premium cider range Orchard Reserve, called Stonesbrook and Newton's Vale.
The cider group, based in Somerset, has also said that demand for premium ciders - coined as wine alternatives - in the UK is particularly strong at the moment, with off-trade volumes jumping 33.1% annually.
Stonesbrook is described by the company as a crisp dry cider with a subtle citrus flavour and crisp finish, best matched to foods such as chicken, fish or salads. Newton's Vale is a full flavoured medium cider which has a rich, mellow fruit taste, to be matched with Indian, oriental or richly flavoured foods.
Gaymer Cider Company managing director John Mills said: "We carried out extensive research to understand the changing dynamics of the UK cider market, the repertoire of drinks consumers select from, and the occasions when they now consider cider to be an appropriate choice.
"In expanding our premium cider range, and with other recent product launches, we believe we are now uniquely placed as the reference cider company to work with retailers to offer consumers a cider for all occasions."
It follows the launch of the company's premium cider brand Gaymer's Orchard Reserve in February, and coincides with the launch of a new vintage (2005) for its existing Orchard Reserve Stewley product.
The new ranges have a suggested selling price of GBP2.49 for a 75cl bottle.
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- just The Preview - Brown-Forman Q3 & YTD
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research