UK: Gaymer boosts marketing spend
Gaymer Cider Co. will spend GBP26m (US$51m) during 2007 as the company sets out its biggest-ever marketing programme.
The company, a unit of Constellation Europe, said it will focus on lead brands like Gaymers Original, while also supporting its portfolio of brands including Blackthorn, Olde English, Addlestones and Gaymer's Orchard Reserve. Last year, Gaymer pledged GBP24m (US$42.5m) to its UK marketing.
Gaymer managing director John Mills said: "With the cider category continuing to set the pace in the drinks market, and as a leading player, we intend to keep cider front of mind with retailers and consumers.
"It is about product quality being communicated in an appealing way so that more consumers want to enjoy cider on a greater number of occasions. That is why a strong, diverse, portfolio - and we offer a great range - is exactly what the category needs."
The Swedish spirits producer V&S Group is up for sale and, with the global premium vodka brand Absolut as its prime asset, has attracted much attention from major international players. Jeremy Cunning...
Crown Imports has appointed a new vice president of marketing....
The UK's Office of Fair Trading (OFT) has said it has cleared the completed joint venture between Constellation Brands Inc and Punch Taverns PLC....
Constellation Brands board of directors has voted in a new CEO....
Constellation Brands' first-quarter profit has dropped 64%, while shares rose 4.2% beating analysts' predictions....
Constellation Brands is looking at acquisition that will boost its premium spirits portfolio, though it has reiterated that it is not interested in buying Absolut owner V&S....
Gaymer Cider Company plans to invest heavily in its flagship cider brand in the UK with the introduction of a new advertising campaign this summer....
Rodney Strong Vineyards has created a new position to focus on ultra premium outlets across the US....
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer