US: Gatorade signs licensing deal with Tiger Woods
Gatorade has entered into a licensing deal with golf superstar Tiger Woods to develop "Tiger-inspired" sports performance beverages for athletes at all levels.
The PepsiCo-owned sports drink brand did not disclose the financial terms of the deal.
"Gatorade has been part of my game plan for years, whether I'm training or competing, so this is an ideal match," said Woods who described the drink as "a winning brand with a proven formula and the science to back it up".
The first Woods signature product, to be marketed as Gatorade Tiger, is due to be launched in March 2008, with further co-branded products set be introduced in the coming years.
Gatorade Tiger will be available in three flavours - cherry blend, citrus and grape - inspired and chosen by Woods himself. It will be packaged in a 500ml bottle and 32oz bottle. Gatorade Tiger will have the same formula as the existing Gatorade Thirst Quencher brand.
Todd Magazine, president of Gatorade, said: "This relationship is built on The Gatorade Company's unparalleled understanding of athlete needs and Tiger's unique position as one of the world's best athletes. By bringing these two leaders together, we feel we have an unprecedented opportunity to provide both Tiger and athletes at all levels the products they need to train and compete at their best."
PepsiCo is aiming to become the largest beverage company in Russia and its recent acquisition of a majority stake in the juice company, JSC Lebedyansky, represents an important step towards achieving ...
Innocent Smoothies' advertising has been defended by The Advertising Standards Agency (ASA) after soft drinks companies claimed its adverts were misleading....
The Pepsi Bottling Group has announced the appointment of John Compton, CEO of PepsiCo Americas Foods, to the its board of directors....
PepsiCo's CEO received more than double the amount that she took home the previous year, according to a recent filing....
Pepsi-Cola Products Philippines (PCPP) has detailed how it will spend the proceeds from its recent IPO....
In conjunction with the launch of Gatorade Tiger in the US, PepsiCo is kicking off a marketing campaign designed to take Tiger Woods' golf game to the "next level"....
PepsiCo and The Pepsi Bottling Group have agreed to jointly acquire a majority stake in Russia's leading branded juice company JSC Lebedyansky....
Cadbury Schweppes has appointed four new members to the board of directors of Dr Pepper Snapple Group, its US beverages subsidiary, including the former Coca-Cola COO Jack Stahl. The other appointment...
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Interview, Philip Gregan, New Zealand Winegrowers
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits