IRELAND: Galvins acquires new distribution site
Galvins Wine & Spirits has purchased new premises in Mahon, Cork. The Irish drinks company said yesterday that it has acquired a 130,000 sq ft distribution centre from Ridge Tool for €10m.
The development will provide a centralised distribution facility for the company, which currently operates from a 21,000 sq ft site in Lehenaghmore, Cork.
Speaking to the Irish Independent, chief executive John Galvin said that the purchase was of strategic importance to the long-term national development of the family-owned wholesale business.
"This company has been growing significantly and, to keep pace with our development plans, we needed a centralised distribution centre," Galvin told the newspaper.
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Sustainability in Wine - Part II
- just the Ten - Top Analyses of 2014
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Coca-Cola Co promotes CEO's assistant to sales job
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018