IRELAND: Galvins acquires new distribution site
Galvins Wine & Spirits has purchased new premises in Mahon, Cork. The Irish drinks company said yesterday that it has acquired a 130,000 sq ft distribution centre from Ridge Tool for €10m.
The development will provide a centralised distribution facility for the company, which currently operates from a 21,000 sq ft site in Lehenaghmore, Cork.
Speaking to the Irish Independent, chief executive John Galvin said that the purchase was of strategic importance to the long-term national development of the family-owned wholesale business.
"This company has been growing significantly and, to keep pace with our development plans, we needed a centralised distribution centre," Galvin told the newspaper.
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q4 & FY
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory
- Brown-Forman unveils Jack Daniel's UK push