SWEDEN: Gallo ties up Swedish distribution deal
E & J Gallo has appointed Spendrups Vin AB as its Swedish importer and distributor.
The family-owned company said today (10 July) that Spendrups Vin will manage the company's entire portfolio including the brands Gallo Family Vineyards, Redwood Creek and Bridlewood.
Spendrups Vin will take over the distribution of the portfolio from V&S Sweden, according to reports.
Gallo's central & eastern Europe sales director Charles Schuller said: "With our diverse portfolio of brands and Spendrups Vin's strong presence in multiple channels, we are confident of growing our market share in the Swedish market".
Spendrups Vin managing director Asa Hallden added: "We have found Gallo being a strong, international wine producer with great potential in the Swedish market. With our strong distribution setup, we will definitely see to that the Gallo brand will be seen in the market for years to come."
In the UK, Gallo recently teamed up with Walkers Sensations in a promotion in its 'Divine with Wine' campaign. The initiative has been Gallo's biggest promo push so far in the UK, with a total investment of GBP2.5m (US$5m), giving away nearly GBP3m worth of Gallo wine prizes.
Earlier this year, the company reported that its total portfolio in the UK grew by 24% in 2006, hitting sales of over 5.5m nine-litre cases.
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has confirmed reports that it will sell back the distribution rights to Dalmore Scotch whisky in the US....
Carlsberg has played down reports that it has backed out of the auction for Vin & Sprit....
Drinks Americas Holdings has raised around US$3m from a private placement....
Lion Nathan's purchase of Tasmanian brewer J. Boag & Son took a step nearer today (19 December), with the trans-Tasman drinks company gaining informal approval for the acquisition from competition aut...
Fuller, Smith & Turner has confirmed details of its finance director change....
The Swedish government has begun the auction process for state-owned Vin & Sprit by contacting a wealth of interested bidders....
The UK Takeover Panel has set a deadline for Carlsberg and Heineken's pursuit of Scottish & Newcastle....
This month's latest drinks releases include a beverage containing pollen and an all-red anti-aging drink, according to recent research....
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part II: Beer & Cider
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018