US: Gallo Sues Hilton to Block Use of Its Name
The US wine giant E&J Gallo is suing the famous Hilton Hotels Corp to stop it from opening a chain of Italian restaurants named Gallo Rosso, according to today's Los Angeles times. Gallo says it has $600m since it began using the name in 1933 promoting the name and selling billions of bottles of wine. It claims consumers would "invariably associate" the new restaurants with Gallo wines, causing "Gallo to lose control of the manner in which its famous trademark is promoted." Consumers would subsequently get the impression "there are now two Gallo brands, one for wine and another for Italian restaurants."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research