UK: Gallo sponsors Affordable Art Fair
Gallo Family Vineyards has announced that it will again be the official sponsor for the Affordable Art Fair, to be held in London this month.
Gallo will be the official drinks sponsor for the event, which takes place in Battersea Park from 23 to 26 October, the California-based wine firm said on Friday (12 October).
Special tasting sessions will be held at the Fair, with Gallo wine expert Sylvain Removille. Samples of the firm's Turning Leaf wines will also be on offer.
Iain Newell, European marketing director for E&J Gallo Winery, said: "With 75 years of wine heritage behind us, we see wine as an art form in itself and so we are delighted to be sponsoring the Affordable Art Fair again."
This summer, Gallo sponsored celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay's F Word television show, and also expanded its "rosé on the rocks" campaign. It is believed to have spent more than GBP2m (US$3.5m) on the summer campaigns.
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Wine firm E&J Gallo has said that it expects to grow net sales in the UK in 2009 but will cut back on volumes by taking part in fewer wine discount offers by retailers....
Rosé wine's growing popularity in the UK has seen it join the list of items tracked by the country's Office of National Statistics as a way of measuring price inflation....
E&J Gallo has pulled its Turning Leaf wine brand out of its Gallo Family Vineyards in the UK....
Pernod Ricard UK has said that it has no plans to follow wine giants Constellation and E&J Gallo in cutting jobs in the UK....
UK wine merchant Paragon Vintners is to cease trading after struggling to cope with the effects of the economic downturn....
Spanish wine producer Torres has become the latest large wine firm to pull out of this year's Vinexpo wine show, due to the effects of the economic downturn on its suppliers....
US wine exports rose by 6% in value last year to pass the $1bn mark for the first time, new figures show....
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- New CEO sparks optimism at Coca-Cola - Analysis
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Johnnie Walker Bourbon Cask & Rye Finish - NPD
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report