US: Gallo prepares Spanish wine for US market
E&J Gallo has lined up a Spanish wine for its domestic market.
The US wine giant will import a white wine brand from Bodegas Martín Códax S.A.U.
The Spanish winery claims to be the country's leading producer of Albariño white wine. Martín Códax already exports to 40 countries from its headquarters in the Rías Baixas region of Galicia.
As well as the Spanish deal, Gallo imports and markets wines in the US from other countries, including France, Chile and South Africa.
Earlier this month, Ernest Gallo, the founder of Gallo and one of the most recognisable names in the drinks industry, died at the age of 97.
The Swedish spirits producer V&S Group is up for sale and, with the global premium vodka brand Absolut as its prime asset, has attracted much attention from major international players. Jeremy Cunning...
E&J Gallo has given further details behind its decision to drop Vin & Sprit as its local distributor in Sweden....
E&J Gallo has switched distributors in Sweden....
Jacob's Creek and Gallo are the world's best known wine brands, according to a survey released this week....
E & J Gallo has appointed Spendrups Vin AB as its Swedish importer and distributor....
Diageo's vodka brand Smirnoff has held the top spot in this year's 'Power 100' league of drinks brands. The 2007 chart of the most powerful drinks brands, compiled by brand valuation consultancy Intan...
Gallo Family Vineyards has teamed up with Walkers Sensations in a promotion designed to take advantage of the trend of eating crisps while drinking wine....
Gallo Family Vineyards is looking to market its rosé wines as a long drink over ice in the UK....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- This week in spirits & wine
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts