US: Gallo prepares Argentinean Malbec for US market
E&J Gallo has lined up an Argentinean offering for the US.
The California-based wine giant confirmed yesterday (4 April) that it will be the US importer for Bodegas Escorihuela Gascon's Don Miguel Gascon brand of Malbec. The wine will be Gallo's first offering from Argentina in the US.
Bodegas Escorihuela Gascon is one of the oldest wineries in Argentina, the company noted.
Speaking to just-drinks today, a spokesperson for Gallo said: "We think Malbec has legs in the US, and we think the US consumer is more than ready for this offering."
The Malbec wine will be available in the US from 1 September, with a suggested retail price of US$12.00 per 750ml.
In the last few weeks, Gallo has unveiled additions to its offering from South Africa and Spain.
In March, Gallo said it will import and market a range of wines from South Africa under the Sebeka brand name. A week earlier, the company announced that it will import an Albariño white wine brand from Spain's Bodegas Martín Códax S.A.U.
"The US consumer has become more open to wines from abroad," the spokesperson continued. "It's time for our portfolio to diversify to accomodate that."
The Swedish spirits producer V&S Group is up for sale and, with the global premium vodka brand Absolut as its prime asset, has attracted much attention from major international players. Jeremy Cunning...
E&J Gallo Winery has announced a deal with US television and magazine celebrity Martha Stewart, according to local reports....
E&J Gallo has given further details behind its decision to drop Vin & Sprit as its local distributor in Sweden....
E&J Gallo has switched distributors in Sweden....
Jacob's Creek and Gallo are the world's best known wine brands, according to a survey released this week....
E & J Gallo has appointed Spendrups Vin AB as its Swedish importer and distributor....
Diageo's vodka brand Smirnoff has held the top spot in this year's 'Power 100' league of drinks brands. The 2007 chart of the most powerful drinks brands, compiled by brand valuation consultancy Intan...
Gallo Family Vineyards has teamed up with Walkers Sensations in a promotion designed to take advantage of the trend of eating crisps while drinking wine....
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report