UK: Gallo poaches international general manager from Kraft
E&J Gallo has appointed a vice-president and general manager for its international business unit. The US wine giant said today (29 March) that Brian Carlisle would fill both positions while being based in London.
He has spent the last 22 years at Kraft Foods, rising to the post of group vice president at Kraft Food Inc. and president Western Europe. He has broad general management experience, including expertise in brand marketing, new product introductions, brand promotion and strategic planning, Gallo noted. In addition, he has served in a board of director capacity on a number of industry associations and committees.
"We are excited to add Brian to our team given his marketing expertise and experience. Brian will be an asset to our international business and company," said Joseph Gallo, chief executive officer of Gallo.
"Joining Gallo is a terrific opportunity for me and I am excited to apply my skills to help continue to build demand for Gallo's wines throughout the world," Carlisle added.
After six months as vice president and general manager for Europe at E&J Gallo, Devinder Singh is upbeat about his role and the international prospects for his company. He met with Olly Wehring to dis...
Having been something of a European institution for years, the end of duty-free, the lowering of some Nordic duty rates and cheaper prices in domestic supermarkets have combined to reduce the allure o...
The UK market is developing in terms of sales and sophistication. Drawing on up-to-the-minute consumer research, Alex McPhee, Neville Calvert and David Matthews of management consultants, KPMG, examin...
Gallo has finally reached an agreement with the union United Farm Workers, after around two years of talks....
Thresher has selected E&J Gallo to produce its own-label California wine range....
Heineken USA has appointed a new general manager for its Central Region....
E&J Gallo winery is launching its first French wine brand, Red Bicyclette, in the UK....
Ernest and Julio Gallo has become the target for protests from workers in the US....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- SABMiller beer volumes fall as China holds back Q3
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future