UK: Gallo partners with crisp company in UK
Gallo Family Vineyards has teamed up with Walkers Sensations in a promotion designed to take advantage of what it believes is the trend of eating crisps while drinking wine.
The family-owned company, formally known as Ernest & Julio Gallo, said today (3 May) that the partnership with Sensations will begin this month in the UK, with 2.5m coupons going into bags of crisps giving away bottles of Gallo wine.
The initiative has been launched after research showed that 20% of all Sensations consumption in the evening occurred with wine, the company said.
The 'Divine with Wine' campaign is Gallo's biggest promo push so far in the UK, with a total investment of GBP2.5m (US$5m), giving away nearly GBP3m worth of Gallo wine prizes.
Gallo marketing director for Western Europe Jane Hunter said: "One in four people will be a winner. They'll win either a pound off a bottle of Gallo wine or a free bottle of Gallo. With every major retailer there will be joint promotion. The Walkers Sensations-target consumer and the Gallo wine-target consumer are a perfect match."
Earlier this year, the company reported that its total portfolio in the UK grew by 24% in 2006, hitting sales of over 5.5m nine-litre cases.
The Swedish spirits producer V&S Group is up for sale and, with the global premium vodka brand Absolut as its prime asset, has attracted much attention from major international players. Jeremy Cunning...
Spendrups has registered an increase in net profit for the first nine months of this year....
Spanish wine company Codorníu has acquired the East Coast fine wines and spirits importer AV Imports for an undisclosed sum....
E&J Gallo Winery has announced a deal with US television and magazine celebrity Martha Stewart, according to local reports....
E&J Gallo has given further details behind its decision to drop Vin & Sprit as its local distributor in Sweden....
E&J Gallo has switched distributors in Sweden....
Jacob's Creek and Gallo are the world's best known wine brands, according to a survey released this week....
E & J Gallo has appointed Spendrups Vin AB as its Swedish importer and distributor....
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Bacardi ups ante in US Havana Club row
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020