CZECH: Gallo enters Czech Republic - report
E&J Gallo has secured entry into the Czech wine market, according to local reports. The Czech News Digest reported on Friday (10 June) that the US company has signed a distribution deal with Maxxium Czech to import and distribute its wines in the Czech Republic.
The press agency said that Maxxium Czech will distribute several Gallo brands to local retail chains and restaurants. Entry into the neighbouring Slovak market through Maxxium Slovakia is also expected to follow for Gallo.
Maxxium Czech is part of Maxxium Worldwide, and has been operating in the Czech Republic since 2001.
No-one was available for comment at Gallo when contacted by just-drinks.
Having been something of a European institution for years, the end of duty-free, the lowering of some Nordic duty rates and cheaper prices in domestic supermarkets have combined to reduce the allure o...
The UK market is developing in terms of sales and sophistication. Drawing on up-to-the-minute consumer research, Alex McPhee, Neville Calvert and David Matthews of management consultants, KPMG, examin...
Reports have suggested that the Canadian wine company Vincor International Inc., currently the subject of a hostile takeover bid by Constellation Brands, is in talks with at least five prospective bid...
Gallo has finally reached an agreement with the union United Farm Workers, after around two years of talks....
Thresher has selected E&J Gallo to produce its own-label California wine range....
Heineken USA has appointed a new general manager for its Central Region....
E&J Gallo winery is launching its first French wine brand, Red Bicyclette, in the UK....
Ernest and Julio Gallo has become the target for protests from workers in the US....
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- The European beer market - Focus
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery
- Diageo reaches deal in Stitzel legal row
- Sazerac poaches ex-Diageo government director