US: Gallo brings South African brand to the US
E&J Gallo has unveiled a South African wine offering in the US.
The family-owned wine giant announced yesterday (27 March) that it will import and market a range of wines from South Africa under the Sebeka brand name. The stable includes a Chardonnay, a Sauvignon Blanc, a Shiraz, a Cabernet-Pinotage blend, and a flagship proprietary blend of Shiraz and Pinotage labelled Cape Blend.
Swartland Winery in Malmesbury leads the Sebeka Winegrowers' Alliance, a group of wine producers in the Western Cape, to provide the wines to Gallo. "Gallo wanted a full line of top quality wines to represent the best quality and best value that South Africa has to offer," said Swartland general manager George Neveling. "We partnered with some of our neighbours to produce the full range of wines that Gallo was looking for."
The range will retail for around US$9.00, and be available in restaurants and wine retail outlets across the US in 750ml cork-finished bottles.
The Swedish spirits producer V&S Group is up for sale and, with the global premium vodka brand Absolut as its prime asset, has attracted much attention from major international players. Jeremy Cunning...
E&J Gallo Winery has announced a deal with US television and magazine celebrity Martha Stewart, according to local reports....
E&J Gallo has given further details behind its decision to drop Vin & Sprit as its local distributor in Sweden....
E&J Gallo has switched distributors in Sweden....
Jacob's Creek and Gallo are the world's best known wine brands, according to a survey released this week....
E & J Gallo has appointed Spendrups Vin AB as its Swedish importer and distributor....
Diageo's vodka brand Smirnoff has held the top spot in this year's 'Power 100' league of drinks brands. The 2007 chart of the most powerful drinks brands, compiled by brand valuation consultancy Intan...
Gallo Family Vineyards has teamed up with Walkers Sensations in a promotion designed to take advantage of the trend of eating crisps while drinking wine....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Innovations - Scotch Whisky VII
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China