FRANCE: Gabriel Meffre extends Laurus wine range
French wine producer Gabriel Meffre is expanding its range of wines from the Rhône Valley with the launch of two more labels from its Laurus range.
The company, which is one of the biggest négociants in the Rhône, has launched two more varietals, Syrah and Viognier.
Gabriel Meffre said yesterday (14 December) that it has decided to extend its Laurus range due to rising demand for premium varietal wines. The wines, which are now available, will complement a range that is sold in 30 countries around the world.
Located in Gigondas, Gabriel Meffre produces a range of AOC and varietal wines from both the Rhône Valley and the Languedoc.
The news that Yves Bénard is the front-runner for the top job at the INAO is good news for reformers in the French wine industry....
The price of vineyards in and around Champagne rose last year, despite a fall in prices across the rest of France....
A group of 80 French winemakers yesterday (30 May) occupied the Paris headquarters of French regulatory body INAO (Institut national de l'origine et de la qualité) in protest against its reform of win...
With the latest announcement of the new director of INAO (Institut national de l'origine et de la qualité) as Marion Zalay, all key posts are now filled....
Coming up at this year's London International Wine & Spirits Fair…...
Inter Rhône has appointed an export manager for the UK....
The general director of the wine and Champagne division of LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton looks to be the front runner to take charge of the Institut National de l'Origine et de la qualité....
Four wine co-ops in France's Midi-Pyrénées region have teamed up to form Vinovalie - some 600 growers cultivating 4,500 hectares of vineyards and producing 350,000 hectolitres of AOC and Vins de Pays ...
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- The European beer market - Focus
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Diageo, Nolets unveil latest Ketel One campaign