US: Fuze rolls out PET bottles
US soft drinks group Fuze Beverage has updated the look of its bottles for its domestic market.
The company, which is set to be bought by The Coca-Cola Co. in the coming weeks, said yesterday (8 March) that it has released a PET version of its glass bottle in the country.
The 500ml Powerflex bottle, designed by Amcor, features a panel-less design, which eliminates heat panels and has a large, smooth label panel.
"Many of our bottling partners and distributors are being proactive in the removal of CSDs from school vending equipment. They are looking for Fuze to provide a healthy and profitable alternative. This bottle allows us to fulfill their needs," said Bill Meissner, chief marketing officer of Fuze.
Fuze offers eight flavours in the portable PET, including green tea, its Slenderize drinks and its Vitalize portfolio.
Late last month, Coca-Cola Co. received clearance from the Federal Trade Commission to acquire Fuze for an undisclosed amount. Fuze will continue to operate as a stand-alone entity of Coca-Cola Co.
Pepsi Bottling Group has confirmed that it is building a new production facility in Las Vegas....
China Water & Drinks has entered into a deal to acquire a stake in packaging company Hutton Holdings Corporation....
The Coca-Cola Company has unveiled plans to build the world's largest plastic-bottle-to-bottle recycling plant in the US....
The Coca-Cola Co. has confirmed that it will cut jobs in its North America unit by the end of the year....
Coca-Cola North America has launched a new 'on-the-go' bottle design....
Some citrus-flavoured carbonated drinks contain more caffeine than cola, according to a recent study in the Journal of Food Science....
The Coca-Cola Co. has dismissed claims that a sweetener used in Coke Zero could prove harmful to consumers....
The Coca-Cola Co. has confirmed that it is to close one of its facilities in Ireland....
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Will value-sharing in Travel Retail become reality
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research