FRANCE: Future of Marie Brizard unit in doubt
A series of senior departures from Marie Brizard subsidiary, Les Chais Beaucairois (LCB), has raised suspicions about the company's future.
General director Olivier Simonou and production director Olivier Reggio have both left for French drinks group Castel. Commercial director Hervé Gimeno has also left, joining Les Vignerons du Val d'Orbieu, a Languedoc wine producing co-operative.
Marie Brizard confirmed the departures but would not comment on the future of LCB, which it says is its biggest bottling facility in France, employing over 300 people.
However, in an interview with French newspaper Midi Libre, Marie Brizard director Jérome Mattéloi said there is no question of separating from LCB.
Based in Beaucaire in southern France, LCB specialises in wine and syrup production and bottling for the wholesale channel.
French wine and spirits group Belvédère bought Marie Brizard in 2005, when it secured a 69.3% stake in the spirits producer in a deal worth EUR320m (US$428m).
Belvédère's founders, president and CEO Jacques Rouvroy and Christophe Trylinski, have levered more than EUR300m (US$410.2m) to acquire Caribbean conglomerate CL Financial's 62% stake in the French wi...
Belvédère has posted a huge leap in sales for last year, thanks to its purchase of Marie Brizard & Roger International....
Belvédère Duty Free, the duty free arm of French wine and spirits group Belvédère, will take over responsibility for the sale of Marie Brizard premium French Liqueurs and Gautier Cognacs....
French wine and spirits group Belvedere has seen first-half profits soar on the back of last year's acquisition of Marie Brizard....
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- Interview, Philip Gregan, New Zealand Winegrowers
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Remy Cointreau sets up whisky division
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits