FRANCE: Future of Marie Brizard unit in doubt
A series of senior departures from Marie Brizard subsidiary, Les Chais Beaucairois (LCB), has raised suspicions about the company's future.
General director Olivier Simonou and production director Olivier Reggio have both left for French drinks group Castel. Commercial director Hervé Gimeno has also left, joining Les Vignerons du Val d'Orbieu, a Languedoc wine producing co-operative.
Marie Brizard confirmed the departures but would not comment on the future of LCB, which it says is its biggest bottling facility in France, employing over 300 people.
However, in an interview with French newspaper Midi Libre, Marie Brizard director Jérome Mattéloi said there is no question of separating from LCB.
Based in Beaucaire in southern France, LCB specialises in wine and syrup production and bottling for the wholesale channel.
French wine and spirits group Belvédère bought Marie Brizard in 2005, when it secured a 69.3% stake in the spirits producer in a deal worth EUR320m (US$428m).
Belvédère's founders, president and CEO Jacques Rouvroy and Christophe Trylinski, have levered more than EUR300m (US$410.2m) to acquire Caribbean conglomerate CL Financial's 62% stake in the French wi...
Belvédère has posted a huge leap in sales for last year, thanks to its purchase of Marie Brizard & Roger International....
Belvédère Duty Free, the duty free arm of French wine and spirits group Belvédère, will take over responsibility for the sale of Marie Brizard premium French Liqueurs and Gautier Cognacs....
French wine and spirits group Belvedere has seen first-half profits soar on the back of last year's acquisition of Marie Brizard....
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker set for festive push in TR
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends