USA: Future looking bright for Coca-Cola
Shareholders of the world's largest soft drink company Coca-Cola were pleased to learn that Coca-Cola expects its second quarter worldwide volume to rise 5%-6%.In an announcement last week, Coca-Cola said 1.5% of the gain will be brands acquired from Cadbury-Schweppes and, even though it is still down from its highs in the summer of 1998, Coca-Cola stock is up 38% since March.The majority of the second quarter volume increase is coming from Europe and "Eurasia", according to the announcement and the company's growth overseas is continuing with Coca-Cola entering North Korea in the past month.The overall outlook for Coca-Cola may be looking positive, but after putting US$700m into India it still has no firm foot-hold and this is one country which Pepsi dominates by being number one cola seller, followed by Thums Up and Coke. Pepsi has also announced it plans to extend its Miranda Orange brand to 500ml PET bottles in the Delhi market.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Major spirits M&A remains out of sight - analyst
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends