USA: Future looking bright for Coca-Cola
Shareholders of the world's largest soft drink company Coca-Cola were pleased to learn that Coca-Cola expects its second quarter worldwide volume to rise 5%-6%.In an announcement last week, Coca-Cola said 1.5% of the gain will be brands acquired from Cadbury-Schweppes and, even though it is still down from its highs in the summer of 1998, Coca-Cola stock is up 38% since March.The majority of the second quarter volume increase is coming from Europe and "Eurasia", according to the announcement and the company's growth overseas is continuing with Coca-Cola entering North Korea in the past month.The overall outlook for Coca-Cola may be looking positive, but after putting US$700m into India it still has no firm foot-hold and this is one country which Pepsi dominates by being number one cola seller, followed by Thums Up and Coke. Pepsi has also announced it plans to extend its Miranda Orange brand to 500ml PET bottles in the Delhi market.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Wm Grant redesigns Glenfiddich 21yo Gran Reserva
- Consumers want brands that challenge them - study
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends