USA: Future looking bright for Coca-Cola
Shareholders of the world's largest soft drink company Coca-Cola were pleased to learn that Coca-Cola expects its second quarter worldwide volume to rise 5%-6%.In an announcement last week, Coca-Cola said 1.5% of the gain will be brands acquired from Cadbury-Schweppes and, even though it is still down from its highs in the summer of 1998, Coca-Cola stock is up 38% since March.The majority of the second quarter volume increase is coming from Europe and "Eurasia", according to the announcement and the company's growth overseas is continuing with Coca-Cola entering North Korea in the past month.The overall outlook for Coca-Cola may be looking positive, but after putting US$700m into India it still has no firm foot-hold and this is one country which Pepsi dominates by being number one cola seller, followed by Thums Up and Coke. Pepsi has also announced it plans to extend its Miranda Orange brand to 500ml PET bottles in the Delhi market.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits