US: Future Brands CEO resigns
Future Brands has announced changes to its management team, involving the departure of its CEO.
The board of the distribution company for Beam Global Spirits & Wine and Absolut Spirits, said on Friday (11 January), that its CEO, Steve Bellini, will leave the company at the end of next month to "pursue personal interests".
While the search for a new CEO commences, Bellini will work in a transition role with Future Brands chairman Kevin Fennessey and Beam Global's senior vice president of US commercial development Bill Newlands, who will jointly oversee the company's day-to-day operations until 29 February.
Future's CFO Barry O'Neil will be replaced by Robert Hill, who, with the rest of the board, will help support both Fennessey and Newlands in overseeing the company.
Fennessey, who has over 20 years experience in the spirits industry and previous executive roles at both Pernod Ricard and Joseph E. Seagram & Sons, said: "These management changes invite new, exciting opportunities for the company's future and mark another step in the evolution and elevation of Future Brands."
Newlands, former president of Beam Wine Estates was also president and CEO of Allied Domecq Wines, North America, Wine.com and the North American Still and Sparkling Wine Group of Louis Vuitton Moet Hennessy as well as having previously worked for Ernest & Julio Gallo as vice president of marketing.
Fortune Brands has moved to revise its earnings expectations going forward, due to "weakening consumer sentiment" in the US and the hike in RTD taxes in Australia....
Maxxium is investing GBP4m (US$7.9m) to reposition Beam Global Spirits & Wine's Sourz brand in the UK as a "modern mixable spirit" and broaden its appeal amongst target consumers....
The CEO of Maxxium Worldwide has announced his intention to quit the marketing and distribution company, just-drinks can exclusively reveal....
Need to know - Ten facts about Maxxium...
Beam Global Spirits & Wine is linking individuals and organisations with "The Stuff Inside", through a new US marketing campaign for its Jim Beam brand....
Rémy Cointreau has posted a lift in both sales and operating profit for its latest full-year, but has sit tight on releasing full financial details due to ongoing discussions at Maxxium....
The UK unit of Beam Global Spirits & Wine has launched the first website for its Port brand Cockburn's....
Jim Beam Bourbon is participating in a TV series where well-known motorcycle builders are paired with commercial sponsors to build a custom-made motorcycle in 30 days....
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- just The Preview - Brown-Forman Q3 & YTD
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research