AUSTRALIA: Further dotcom gloom in Australia
Another online Australian liquor group, Winepros, is going out of business following a voluntary liquidation announcement to the stock exchange. Winepros listed in December 1999 raising A$25m (US$12.5m) at A$1 a share. According to its latest quarterly statement its sales for the three months to September 30 were just A$37,000. The arrangements for the liquidation of the business - which continues to operate its website - brought scathing attention from Australia's leading financial newspaper, the Financial Review, which reported that prominent wine personalities Len Evans and James Halliday would receive substantial payouts for original shareholdings on top of consultancy fees.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk