AUSTRALIA: Further dotcom gloom in Australia
Another online Australian liquor group, Winepros, is going out of business following a voluntary liquidation announcement to the stock exchange. Winepros listed in December 1999 raising A$25m (US$12.5m) at A$1 a share. According to its latest quarterly statement its sales for the three months to September 30 were just A$37,000. The arrangements for the liquidation of the business - which continues to operate its website - brought scathing attention from Australia's leading financial newspaper, the Financial Review, which reported that prominent wine personalities Len Evans and James Halliday would receive substantial payouts for original shareholdings on top of consultancy fees.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Irish whisky exports forecast to double by 2020
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits