Product Launch – UK: Funkin's Agave Nectar
Funkin Agave Nectar
Funkin's Agave Nectar
Category – Spirits mixer
Available – From this month
Location – UK on-trade
Price – GBP5.96 per 36cl bottle
Distribution – Funkin
Agave Nectar has been launched to meet the rising demand for “skinny cocktails” in the UK, according to Funkin. The company claims the product contains 40% fewer calories per serve than “standard” sugar syrup and is a low GI sweetner.
Andrew King, Funkin's CEO, told journalists at a press launch in London yesterday (29 May): “Agave as a product is very on-trend at the moment. It has a low GI, but is sweeter than sugar.”
He added that the product had been developed “in response to calls from bartenders to enhance drinks menus with a skinny offering.”
Agave Nectar will be available alongside Funkin's five-strong range of syrups, including two new flavours, mint and vanilla.
A company spokesperson confirmed it had also had orders from France and Poland for the new product.
Sectors: Product launches
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?