US: Function Drinks releases energy drink
Function Drinks has added to its range of energy drinks in the US through the launch of Alternative Energy.
The company said today (29 November) that it is the first energy drink on the market with a time-release system to ensure a smooth energy supply over an extended period of time. The drink, designed by Dr Alex Hughes, is 100% natural and described by Function Drinks as a longer-lasting energy alternative.
"Alternative Energy is the first energy drink out there with nothing to hide," said Hughes.
Alternative Energy will be sold in 16.9 ounce bottles throughout Southern California, joining the Function Drinks portfolio, which includes the brands Shock Sports, Urban Detox, Brainiac, and Youth Trip.
The non-carbonated light tangerine yuzu flavoured drink contains muira puma, catuaba, guarana and yerba mate.
Hughes added: "Our proprietary blend uses four classes of natural energy which metabolise at different rates. One by one, each of our main ingredients takes effect, resulting in a sustained energy elevation which can last six to eight hours without a harsh crash. Effectiveness without fear of violent spikes or dizzying crashes is what sets Alternative Energy apart."
The company launched its Shock Sports brand, which is designed to alleviate activity-related muscle and joint pain, last month.
"Shock Sports uses secrets we've learned in the operating room to help healthy athletes improve their performance," said Hughes. "The same body of research has supported the sports drink industry for over 50 years. I'm excited to offer something new to the field that expands the functionality you can fit into a bottle."
Shock Sports contains Devil's Claw, a natural anti-inflammatory, and Soy-phosphatidylserine to speed muscle recovery.
Energy drink producer Who's Your Daddy has added Tony Seery, formerly San Diego area trade development manager for the Hansen Beverage Company, to its sales team....
Hansen Natural Corporation has received an additional Nasdaq Staff Determination letter, stating it was not in compliance with the filing requirements for continued listing under Nasdaq regulations....
Who's Your Daddy has reported net revenues of US$133,814 for the first quarter against net revenues of $150,457 for the same quarter of 2006....
Del Monte Foods is branching into the energy drink sector in the US....
Redux Beverages has chosen an ironic new name for its controversially-titled energy drink....
Who's Your Daddy has recruited a new senior vice president and CFO to the company....
BooKoo Beverages has signed a distribution agreement with Coca-Cola Consolidated to sell its energy drinks portfolio in the US....
Who's Your Daddy has added a new member to its board of directors....
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018