US: Function Drinks launches brand extensions
Function Drinks has added three new drinks to its current line.
The California-based company said yesterday (30 May) that the beverages are named to "reflect their individual functionalities".
The extensions include 'House Call', 'Vacation' and 'Light Weight', which aim to marry clinical science with mainstream beverages.
'House Call' will be a honey green tea-flavoured drink which the company said will help to boost the immune system. 'Vacation' will be in Pacific Coconut flavour and aims to improve moods and de-stress. 'Light Weight' will be available in the flavours dragonfruit, pink grapefruit, and acai pom flavours, and is said to block carbohydrates and burn fat.
Function Drinks president Dr Alex Hughes said: "The most exciting part of our work at Function is to seek out the needs of our consumers and fill those needs by producing the most innovative and effective products on the market."
Late last year, Function Drinks unveiled Alternative Energy, an energy drink that came with what the company said was a time-release system to ensure a smooth energy supply over an extended period of time.
Although a small sector in volume terms, the energy drinks category punches above its weight in the global soft drinks market in value, and has outpaced market growth for many years. While the rate of...
Energy drink producer DNA Beverage has announced that it has appointed Solid Gold Distributors as its distributor for Tennessee and Mississippi, completing its expansion into the southeast US....
Barr Soft Drinks has signed an exclusive five-year partnership agreement with the North American energy drinks brand Rockstar to sell its double-sized energy drink brands across the UK....
Leading Brands has posted a loss in its second quarter figures due to several changes made during the latter part of last year and Q1 of 2007....
American Enterprise Development Corporation has launched a sugar-free version of its Havoc energy drink brand across the US....
The Coca-Cola Co. has lined up an addition to its Odwalla juice brand in the US....
The Planet Smoothie chain and Pepsi subsidiary South Beach Beverage are set to collaborate on a line of energy smoothies in the US....
National Beverage Corp. has reported that rises in raw material costs and discontinued lines affected Q1 results....
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- With MegaBrew sorted, is MegaBev next? - Research
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Bacardi ups ante in US Havana Club row
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- The US is "the first place I look" - Diageo CEO
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research