AUS/UK: Fuller's ups Australia presence
London Pride is going on draught in Australia for the first time
UK brewer Fuller's is eyeing a boost in sales in Australia after signing an exclusive distribution deal with Empire Liquor.
Fuller's confirmed to just-drinks today (31 July) that the distributor's south and western Australia units have now taken delivery of its beers, after the orginal deal was signed in April. The London-based brewer's products have been on sale in Australia through a small importer since 2008, but this is the first exclusive tie-up with a major distributor.
Fuller's flagship London Pride ale will be available on draught for the first time in the country as a result of the deal, a brewery spokesperson said. The brand is among seven SKUs that Empire is introducing, Australian on-trade website The Shout reported.
In a statement, Fuller's export manager, George MacNicol said: “We are very pleased to be working with Empire Liquor and look forward to a long a successful partnership in order to make our unique range of fine ales available to the Australian consumer.”
Last month, the brewer reported flat full-year operating profits.
To read an exclusive just-drinks comment on traditional UK brewers launching US-style craft beers, click here
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Ethiopia competition to remain "intense" - Diageo
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Envy buy
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Bacardi Brown-Forman here to stay
- Carlsberg takes on Stella Artois in new campaign
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014