Product Launch - UK: Fuller, Smith & Turner's Frontier lager
Frontier launches in select Fuller's pubs this week
Fuller's Frontier lager
Category - Beer, lager, draught, 4.5% abv
Available - From this week
Location - Five Fuller's managed pubs this week, extending to 50 in next three months
Price - Not specified, but being "benchmarked against market leading premium beer brands"
Distribution - Fuller's
London brewer Fuller, Smith & Turner is moving into the "craft" lager space with the launch of 4.5% abv beer called Frontier.
The unpasteurised, filtered beer, brewed using Liberty, Willamette and Cascade hops, is aimed at "premium lager drinkers who are interested in more flavoursome beer, with the characteristics of lager", according to the brewer.
Specially-designed glasses for Frontier boast that it is made with new world hops, but old world malt.
The beer will initially be available in five of Fuller's managed pubs this week, but is expected to be in around 50 of its outlets in the next three months.
Separately, just-drinks understands that Fuller's has pulled its Discovery "blonde" beer from all free trade accounts over serve quality concerns. However, a spokesperson told just-drinks that the beer, launched in 2005, "sells very well" in the Fuller's pubs that continue to stock it.
Last month, Fuller's announced it has teamed up with Bieres de Chimay to become the exclusive UK importer of the Trappist brewer's Chimay Gold.
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Tesco pulls small carton-size Ribena, Rubicon, Cap
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research