UK: Fuller, Smith & Turner recruit C&C Group CEO Dunsmore
John Dunsmore, former head of Scottish & Newcastle and now CEO at Ireland's C&C Group, has joined the board of UK brewer Fuller, Smith and Turner.
Dunsmore has joined Fuller's as a non-executive director, effective from today (20 January), the brewer has announced.
The position will run alongside Dunsmore's role at C&C Group, which he was in November charged with reinvigorating the Magners cider brand and boosting the Irish firm's ailing share price.
Fuller's chairman Michael Turner said: "There is little doubt that 2009 will be one of the toughest years any of us has faced and having someone of John's calibre on the team can only serve to strengthen our position."
C&C Group today declined to comment on Dunsmore's role at Fuller's, but noted that it is "normal" for directors to have non-executive positions at other companies.
One analyst told just-drinks that the move may boost C&C by keeping Dunsmore "in touch" with the UK on-trade. Fuller's also de-listed Magners cider last year, a decision which could be reversed.
Dunsmore's appointment at C&C group fostered rumours that the firm may be put up for sale.
Pernod Ricard has said that it expects like-for-like sales to be broadly flat for its fiscal full-year, but operating profits will hit guidance thanks to lower advertising spend....
Anadolu Efes has said it plans to buy out all shares that it does not already own in Efes Breweries International for around US$140m in cash....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Sun InBev, the second largest brewer in Russia, has launched a large-scale advertising campaign for Klinskoye Light, the extension to its flagship premium beer brand....
New Zealand's Commerce Commission plans to prosecute juice firm Simply Squeezed, which recently signed a takeover deal with Suntory's Frucor group, over alleged breaches of the Fair Trading Act....
Ginebra San Miguel, the spirits arm of San Miguel Corp, has reported net profits up by 75% in the first half of 2009....
The EU and South Korea have reached a deal in talks to establish a Free Trade Agreement, which is set to benefit Scotch whisky exports to Korea....
English Wines Group, owner of Chapel Down Winery, has raised GBP1.1m (US$1.8m) to increase grape supply and improve equipment on the back of growing demand for English wines....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future