UK: Fuller, Smith & Turner hikes beer prices by 2.5%
UK brewer Fuller, Smith & Turner has today (3 February) announced a 2.5% price hike on its beer.
As part of the brewer's 2009 price review, the increases will come into effect on 1 April and will include all Fuller's and Gales beers in both the on- and off-trade.
John Roberts, managing director of The Fuller's Beer Company, said: "In the current economic environment we feel that it is important to do as much as possible to help all of our customers through what is clearly going to be a challenging 12 months.
"To demonstrate this commitment we have taken the decision to absorb a large amount of the cost increases we are incurring and pass on a smaller increase to our customers."
The price increases follow that of a number of other brewers that have announced hikes in the last few weeks, including Carlsberg and Scottish & Newcastle.
The premium lager market in the UK is set to contract going forward, according to a recent report....
Carlsberg has poached an SABMiller executive to head up its operations in Asia....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Aldaris has launched a rebrand of the Zelta beer brand in its domestic market....
Carlsberg's 51%-owned unit in Malaysia has lined up the acquisition of Carlsberg Singapore, in an attempt to better utilise capacity in Malaysia....
Trade unions estimate that 20,000 people marched through the streets of Kilmarnock last weekend, to protest against proposed job cuts by Diageo....
The British Beer & Pub Association (BBPA) has issued a "hands off " warning to beer keg thieves....
Anheuser-Busch InBev's Russian unit has confirmed that it has invested EUR100m in capacity improvements at its Perm.brewery between 2000 and 2008....
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- US craft beer growth slows again - IRI figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits