BELGIUM: Fuensanta chief to head up CIAA
The Confederation of the Food and Drink Industries of the EU (CIAA) has confirmed the election of a new president.
The Brussels-based trade body said yesterday (16 July) that Jesús Serafín Pérez, CEO of Spanish bottled water company Fuensanta, will assume the presidency for the next three-year term.
"Under (previous president) Jean Martin's stewardship, the CIAA has grown and thrived as a highly respected, credible and fully representative body," said Pérez. "Thanks to his tireless dedication, European decision-makers understand our positions better. It is a source of great pride for me to follow in such illustrious footsteps."
Pérez is also the current president of the Federación Española de Industrias de Alimentación y Bebidas (FIAB - the Spanish Food and Drink Federation).
CIAA represents the European food and drink industry, with its membership coming from 26 national federations, 29 European sector associations and 21 major food and drink companies.
PepsiCo's new vice president of brand marketing for Gatorade, Andrea Fairchild, faces a tough challenge to revitalise the sport drink's image in 2010....
When it came to the crunch, Heineken simply wanted FEMSA Cerveza more than SABMiller....
Heineken surprised many observers with the timing and swiftness of its deal to acquire FEMSA Cerveza, announced this week. Here's what analysts and other media have been saying about the deal....
Britvic, the UK's largest soft drinks group, is to invest GBP11m (US$17.8m) to build its presence in the country's on-trade in 2010....
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- How has craft beer put the squeeze on world beers?
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Consumers want brands that challenge them - study
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Heineken signs JV deal in Philippines
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends