NZ: Frucor shareholders clear the way for Danone takeover
French food giant, Danone, has declared its NZ$294m takeover of New Zealand drinks group Frucor Beverages unconditional, having received acceptances from 90% of shareholders. Danone will now compulsorily acquire the remaining shares and delist the company. "We believe that this outcome is in the best interests of Frucor's long-term future and look forward to working with the management of Frucor to realise the potential of the company's great brands on a global scale," Danone's Asia managing director Simon Israel said.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk