NEW ZEALAND: Frucor holds out for higher bids
Frucor shareholders have been asked to put off accepting Danone's NZ$294m offer for the New Zealand-based company in case a higher bid comes forward.
Chairman of Frucor's independent sub-committee, Ian Donald told shareholders at its Annual General Meeting on Thursday that while the committee will have ongoing dialogue with Danone, it would also be soliciting interest from other potential bidders.
"We believe the onus is on the independent committee to approach other potential bidders to ensure shareholders receive the best possible offer, however at this stage I don't want to speculate on the potential of competing bids to be received," he said.
But according to a report by Independent Newspapers Ltds, analysts are warning that such an offer may not be so forthcoming given that only Danone has come forward thus far since Frucor shareholder Bain Pacific decided to sell its 31% stake three months ago. And Danone also has a call option on 19.9% of Bain's stock.
Functional drinks have been a growth area of the US soft drinks market since the late-1990s. Roger Dilworth reports on the development of the sector and current brand activity....
A recent report on the UK soft drinks market showed that growth in non-carbonates at the expense of traditional carbonated soft drinks is much less marked in the on-premise sector than in the take-hom...
Functional soft drinks are relatively undeveloped in Latin America in comparison with Europe but there is significant growth potential. Hope Lee of industry analysts, Euromonitor International, examin...
PepsiCo has denied press reports that it is looking to acquire Groupe Danone....
In a tough market for the home and office delivery segment of the US water market, Danone may have to cut the value of its subsidiary DS Waters, the UK's Financial Times reported today....
Groupe Danone is pulling out of the brewing industry....
Danone has completed another share buyback transaction....
Danone and Yakult have announced a joint venture to sell probiotic products in India. The move marks the first entrance by either company into the Indian market, in which they are aiming to become lea...
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research