AUS/NZ: Frucor Beverages appoints new MD
Carl Bergstrom replaces Mark Coswill who is due to retire at the end of the month
Suntory-owned Frucor Beverages has appointed a new managing director.
Carl Bergstrom will replace Mark Coswill, who is due to retire at the end of the month after 18 years in the role, the soft drinks firm said today (9 May). Bergstrom was previously CEO of Frucor's New Zealand business since joining the company in 2000.
Prior to joining Frucor, he was general manager of Carter Holt Harvey Distribution Group and Carters Building Supplies, and held senior executive roles in Carter Holt Harvey's consumer products division.
"After an extensive process, it is very pleasing to appoint Frucor's new managing director from within the business," said Suntory Food & Beverage Ltd's chairman and president, Nobuhiro Torii. "Carl brings strong commercial acumen and a passion for innovation and for our customers."
The functional beverages category represents a key part of the functional food industry and, as such, exemplifies two defining yet contrasting characteristics of this sector of the market: Its conside...
Danone is rumoured to be considering a sale of its bottled water business, but figures show that the unit continues to contribute a significant proportion of group sales....
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's H1 Performance by Brand
- Three Questions for the Drinks Industry
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Diageo Q1 sales dip "in line with expectations"
- TWE unveils Penfolds range after CEO's "bold move"