USA: Fresh Del Monte Produce Expands Marketing Efforts With Launch of Industry's First E-Commerce Web Store, www.fruits.com
"The launch of our B2C web store is the initial step in our long-term e-commerce strategy, in which B2B commerce will enable us to fully leverage our Internet capabilities," said Mohammad Abu-Ghazaleh, Chairman and CEO of Fresh Del Monte. "Our new strategies mean new revenue streams, new growth opportunities, improved forecasting and planning, and improved operating efficiencies. We are looking forward to the opportunities this new B2C initiative will create for Fresh Del Monte to expand our brand awareness and product loyalty."
For the first time, consumers in the U.S. can order online and receive the Del Monte® branded gourmet gifts by visiting www.fruits.com or by calling 1-800-378-4872. The gifts range from the Company's exceedingly popular Del Monte Gold® Extra Sweet pineapples to decorative baskets filled with premium fresh produce and gourmet snack combinations.
"We believe the Del Monte's® brand's 108-year-old tradition of excellence and our strong brand identity will contribute to a well-received e-commerce launch in the U.S.," said Mr. Abu-Ghazaleh. "This is a natural move for us, because we are a fully integrated company in an outstanding position to leverage our infrastructure."
Fresh Del Monte sources fresh produce and fulfills all orders, provides customized greeting cards and ensures quality control throughout the process. The new gifts represent excellent value, ranging in price from $9.99 to $89.99. Whether sending large volume or a single gift basket, all products are backed by the Del Monte® quality seal that ensures that the produce is selected at the very height of flavor and ripeness.
"American consumers know, like and trust the Del Monte® brand," said Mr. Abu-Ghazaleh. "In addition, Fresh Del Monte has a global reach in sourcing the highest quality product. We source fresh produce products worldwide and our products remain under the watchful eyes of our trained professionals until shipped to our customers. That means that our customers receive year-round consistent quality that is truly unmatched in the produce industry."
Fresh Del Monte is one of the world's largest producers and marketers of fresh fruit, vegetables and other produce. The Company grows, distributes, transports and markets its fresh products to more than 50 countries worldwide. For more information about Fresh Del Monte, visit the Company's website at www.freshdelmonte.com. This press release contains certain forward-looking statements regarding the intents, beliefs or current expectations of the Company or its officers with respect to various matters. These forward-looking statements are based on information currently available to the Company and the Company assumes no obligation to update these statements. It is important to note that these forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance and involve risks and uncertainties. The Company's actual results may differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements as a result of various important factors, including those described under the caption "Description of Business - Risk Factors" in Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc.'s Form 20-F for the year ended December 31, 1999.
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends