French soft drinks producers pledge to cut sugar content
Soft drinks producers in France have agreed to cut sugar content in beverages by 5% in 2015.
The Syndicat National des Boissons Rafraîchissantes (SNBR), France's soft drinks producers trade body, has signed an agreement with the Ministry of Agriculture and Food over the pledge.
"The aim of the agreement is to decrease sugar in drinks (in natural form or as sweeteners) by bringing on to the market products which are less sweet while at the same time encouraging the consumption of drinks without added sugar," a statement issued by the Ministry said.
SNBR's members have also made a commitment to no longer advertise on TV or via the internet during periods where more than 35% of audience are children under 12.
The SNBR brings together such names as Refresco Gerber, Orangina Schweppes, Coca-Cola Enterprises, the Coca-Cola Co and PepsiCo. They represent more than 80% of the French
market in terms of value and volume.
The Coca-Cola Co partner Keurig Green Mountain has launched the Keurig Kold, the home-carbonation beverage platform it hopes will re-energise the CSD category in the US....
Global coconut water consumption has leapt in the last ten years, with growth expected to remain in double digits this year, according to new research....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Analysts upbeat on Pernod Ricard's US success
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends